Wednesday 20 May 2009

Lucky the Labrador


I had a very interesting conversation with a fellow blogger about her dog a few weeks ago.

Then looking through our photographs I came across Lucky's photo, plus her FIRST rosette she won at a dog show. It seems a long time ago now, and it is. But isn't it strange how you remember every moment of a day. We always said she cheated at the dog show as she kept nudging the judges leg to get noticed. When she was called out and had a first her tail wagged so much it nearly fell off.
I still miss this dog............ the rosette is a bit faded, but never my memory of her. She still has the ability to make me cry and laugh.
Love my dog.....still........

4 comments:

Mark said...

Aww, I miss lucks too! x

Tiffany T said...

Wow, amazing timing. A family member just lost their beloved dog yesterday, and we will miss her sorely. It is amazing to me how much these "pets" infiltrate our hearts and lives. I understand completely why studies have shown that people's lives are prolonged if they had loved a pet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she was a real sweetie, hun. She was beautiful, that's for sure! And a charmer, from the sound of it. ;) Funny you posted this, I was dreaming about a black lab before I woke up and checked your blog. xoxo

Jackie said...

Oh I know just how you feel.