Tuesday 19 April 2011

Lana's Bear



It's been far to warm to wear a cardy and hat around the garden today.
Although I know there is a certain little girl who would like to see her finished bear, complete with cardy and hat.  When bears are intended for children. Always make them with safety eyes. If your not used to putting them into your work it can be a bit of a trial. They have to be placed into the head before the head is filled. I was going to put stuffed there, but changed my mind. You have to make sure both eye's are set in the head at the appropriate places.  I haven't a short cut to tell you about, except it's something that comes with time and practice.



Mew has had lots of time this afternoon and has lots of practice at sunbathing on the table in the garden.
This has been the warmest April since 1949... I wasn't around then so I wouldn't know, but it's been gloriously warm after the long Winter. For those who still have snow falling around the world. We have your sun, don't think you would really want to upset Mew, so we hope we can keep it for a while longer.


For everyone who commented on our handiwork on our gate, thank you. We have no hidden agenda's with this witch.


Although we do have black tulips in our garden.


We also have tomato flower on some of our tomato plants.
For anyone who doesn't know, Caroline and I have been having a contest to see who can have the first tomato. You can catch up on Caroline's tomato plants by clicking on Mr Tomato at the side bar.
Caroline is also selling some of her art work in aid the Japan Earthquake appeal. Beautiful art at a very good price, I'm sure you would love to see it.


Lastly before I go and help Mew out with her sunbathing. A very big thank you to everyone who emailed and made a comment when our mains water pipe burst.
Life has now returned to normal around the cottage. We've had no complaints about the new floor so far either.

19 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love that teddy, it is so cute.
I still have eyes from when I made my kitty dolls, should make some again. Love the black tulip, have never seen one before.

Debbie

Christine said...

Beary pretty in pink!
The lovely warm weather is really helping your tomatoes!

Old Kitty said...

Today has been just glorious with more to come tomorrow and the rest of the week! Yay!!

Awwww Mew and Amie!! What a perfect way to enjoy the sun!

Yay for your tulips and your flourishing tomato plants!!!

Take care
x

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

The teddy looks quite delightful in cardy and hat:) We have never seen black tulips - very interesting.

No sun here today, lots of drizzle and back to cold temps. Crazy weather Mother Nature is giving us.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Caroline B said...

Gah, how come your tomatoes have flowers already??? Are you sure you haven't been up the garden centre? Or has your witch been adding a little fluence? I'll have to have another look at mine tomorrow and give them a serious talking to!

Faye Henry said...

Hi Midge... Now what could your hidden agenda be? smile....
You are such a sweetie.. Love the black tulips although I have never seen them before.. Your bears are always lovely.. I was thinking I should try and make one so the eye info is very helpful as I always put eyes in last on dolls..
Enjoy your wonderful weather ...

Joanna said...

Tres Chic, your bear. Love her little beret and cardi, and she's a beauty. Normal is good. Enjoy.

Christine said...

That's an adorable little bear! Looks like Mew is really enjoying that wonderful sunshine. Give Amie a big hug from me!

Myra said...

What a darling bear for Lana! Too cute! 8-)
Good to hear your pipes/water/floor problems are all fixed up now! You must feel very relieved... 8-)

Sue Doran said...

What a sweet bear, the woolies really suit her :-)

Come ON Caroline's tomatoes! :-)

Sue said...

Mew would not be happy here. It's gloomy and windy and we've had rain on and off for days. It even got quite cool yesterday. I'm back to wearing sweatshirts again. A good day to stay in and knit.
Sue

Allie said...

Oh Mr. Bear is just too darling! Amazing to me how your bears have SUCH personality. How I wish I could stretch out in the sun next to Mew - don't keep the sun too long, we need some here! Love the witch and the black tulips, I don't think I've ever seen those before! Glad to hear the new floor has received the stamp of approval.

Houseelf said...

I'm sure the little girl is going to be thrilled to bits with her bear.

I am so loving this sunshine. It felt like such a long Winter.

Jan Mader said...

Mr. Teddy is just too cute. so are your sunbathing babies!

Niky Sayers said...

Awwwwww the bear looks fantastic! Can't wait till she sees it she will be over the moon! Midge you are completly wonderful! Thanks so much! Oh and tha tulips are beautiful! xxxx

WendyCarole said...

love the bear and her cardi and hat

Nice to see Mew enjoying the sun

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

I know any child will cherish that teddy bear far beyond their childhood. My daughter (the one who owned the bunny) still has the first bear she held in her hand days after she was born. Bears are so special.

Now Aime - you can too do a doggy dance. You just sit and look smashing and wag your tail. We will make Mom do all the fancy moves ;)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Mew
Here is a kiss as you sunbathe..
I am so jealous of you sunshine,,and also of the black tulip and the blossoms on your GROWING tomatoe plant!
My puter was broken,, sorry I could not visit you
love
tweedles

tweedles said...

more hugggs for you
love
tweedles